- print render($content["field_preptime"]); ?>
Recipe Yield: 4
Barley replaces Arborio rice in this twist of the classic Italian risotto.
- 2 cans (4.5 oz. each) StarKist E.V.O.O.® Solid Albacore in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, chunked but not drained
- 48 oz. chicken broth, low fat, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup pearled barley
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces (~ 2cups)
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Place chicken broth in large sauce pan. Simmer over low heat
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium low heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent.
- Add barley and garlic and toss to coat the barley with the oil. Add wine and stir until all the liquid is soaked up.
- Add 1 cup of broth and stir until liquid is soaked up. Continue adding broth this way until the barely is almost tender.
- While the barley is cooking add the asparagus pieces to the simmering broth and cook until just crisp tender and bright green.
- Remove from the broth, run cold water over them to stop the cooking and hold until barely is almost done.
- When adding the last cup of broth also stir in the asparagus and cook until the final liquid is soaked up.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and toss in the tuna pieces and combine gently.
|Servings Per Container: 4|
|Serving Size: 586g|
|Amount Per Serving||DV%*|
|Includes Added Sugars||0g||0%|
*The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.